Wednesday, June 14, 2017

101 Things That Piss Me Off






Title: 101 Things That Piss Me Off
Author: Rachel Ballinger
3.5/5 stars

Why this book?: Let me just say, this normally isn’t the type of book I choose to read. I normally choose to curl up with a 500-page novel so that I can get lost in pages and pages of romance, adventure, and blah blah blah. The reason why I chose to read this book is simple. I have been spending the last 5 weeks in summer school reading, taking tests and reading some more. I wanted to take a break from it all but I didn’t want to commit to a 500-page story because frankly I don’t think my brain could handle it right now. That is when I saw that one of my favorite YouTubers came out with a book and I decided to try it out because it is exactly what I was looking for at the time. It is short, and I didn’t feel like I was committing to a long book.

Likes/Dislikes: I really enjoyed this book. It took me a little over an hour to read and it helped distract me from other things that I have going on right now. Now, if you haven’t taken the time to watch some of Rachel Ballinger’s YouTube videos then I suggest you do so before reading this book. Part of the reason why this book was so enjoyable is because I literally could hear Rachel’s voice as I was reading her book. It was almost like she was lying next to me in bed (is that weird?). This book is written in the form of what I would almost call journal entries or maybe even list form. Each entry is anywhere from 1/2 a page to 2 pages long. They are short, sweet, and (this next thing I mean as a compliment I swear) don’t require a lot of inept thinking. Like I mentioned earlier I didn’t want to commit to a long, complex story. I wanted something I could sit down with and just enjoy, and this book did exactly that.

Recommendation: I would recommend this book to anyone who has obviously seen some of her YouTube videos and who just needs a quick read. This book is funny and relatable in many ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment